Monday, March 23, 2015

Modest Monday // by Mykaela

Hello, fellow daughters of The King!

Today I wanted to share an outfit that I wore to go out with my dad witnessing and door knocking. I always try to pay careful attention to my clothing when I get those opportunities, because I am standing on someone's doorstep directly representing my Lord. That's pretty important, I'd say! :) As you get to know me and my clothing style, you will understand that I am all about versatility. I do have a couple of things that I will only wear with a certain outfit, but most of my wardrobe I like to be able to mix and match a lot. This gray maxi skirt is amazing for that. I love it because it is soft and comfortable, and yet you can dress it up or down, depending on the occasion. Today I wore this pale greenish-blue shirt with yellow and gray detailing. Normally this color combo wouldn't be my first choice, but when I saw it in JCP at the end of summer sale last year, it really stuck out to me. I like the shape and the fact that I can wear a tee under it, or layer it with a long sleeved shirt in winter. It's pretty warm for us already, even here in Northern Washington, so today I just wore a high tank with it to raise the neckline. If it was cooler, I would pair it with a jean jacket, or a light black sweater. I took a pic of the neckline because I love this necklace with it so much. Actually I love the necklace, period. It goes with everything, and yes, you'll probably see it in multiple outfit posts at some point. ;) The shoes I wore are very versatile as well...just plain cloth black flats with a little bow on them.



Here is a rundown of the elements and what I paid:
Skirt: Fred Meyer ($25?)
Shoes: Gift ($15)
Shirt: (JCPenney $6)
Tank: Thrift store ($1)
Necklace: Thrift store ($2?)
So there you have it...hope you enjoyed this post! Which articles of your wardrobe do you love mixing and matching?
Mykaela



1 comment:


  1. I really had a great time stopping by your site, it gives me a lot of information.
    You can also visit my site, thank you!

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, as we would really love to hear from you!! We will try to answer any questions you have; please identify yourself with some kind of name, nickname, or username, so we may respond to you personally.

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, please give us time to publish it. While we welcome your opinions, if your comment contains anything that is destructive to our goal of edification and encouragement, it will not be published.

Thank you!