Monday, May 16, 2016

Modest Monday // by Elizabeth

Okay y'all, I'm WAY behind on the midi skirt trend! (lol!) I have seen pictures and outfits all over Pinterest and Instagram, and have thought that they were SO cute on everyone else, but wasn't sure that it would look good on me. Then I was in Walmart a few weeks ago, and this skirt caught my eye! It was cute, and it wasn't too expensive, so I really wanted to get it, but I had no idea what I would wear it with or if I even would wear it at all. But I decided to go out on a limb and get it anyways. ;)

I asked a few other ladies what they thought and also looked up some ideas on Pinterest. A few days later, I found this shirt at the Goodwill, and tried them on together, and I was SOLD! Seriously, this is THE most comfortable skirt ever, and this outfit is WAY easier than it looks. I love how feminine I feel every time I put this skirt on! I added this necklace for a pop of color, and I think it compliments it well :) And you can't see in the picture, but I am wearing some dressier black sandals with it. I also think black flats look great with it!


Outfit Details:
Top- $4.29 from Goodwill
Skirt- $12.86 from Walmart
Necklace- borrowed from Mama! :)

I definitely want to get more midi skirts in the future! So how about you guys? Have y'all tried the midi skirt trend yet? And if not, what are you waiting for??


10 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit, Elizabeth!! Out here, we have a store called Fred Meyer that sells awesome skirts. You can get them for around $12 on a sale, so not terrible prices. Anyway, they are knit midi skirts, and there are a million colors/patterns. I LOVE them!! You look super cute in that one...wish our Walmart sold those! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirts still are on sale on Walmart.com, so I'm wondering if they would do one of those site-to-store deals? That would make it like free shipping!

      Delete
    2. Elizabeth WilliamsMay 16, 2016 at 12:50 PM

      Thanks so much, Mykaela! That sounds like an awesome store! I wish we had one! And yeah, with Walmart, sometimes our store doesn't have what someone else's has, and that drives me crazy lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Elizabeth WilliamsMay 16, 2016 at 12:51 PM

      Thank you, Halee!

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit! I love the necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth WilliamsMay 16, 2016 at 4:16 PM

      Thank you! And yes, I've worn this necklace SO many times! Lol

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love the outfit and truly adore midi skirts right now! :-)

    -Alice Wright
    www.whatsoever-lovely.blogspot.com
    Www.thewrightfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth WilliamsMay 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM

      Thank you! Yes, they are cute!

      Delete
  5. So cute! I love the outfit and truly adore midi skirts right now! :-)

    -Alice Wright
    www.whatsoever-lovely.blogspot.com
    Www.thewrightfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, as we would really love to hear from you!! We will try to answer any questions you have; please identify yourself with some kind of name, nickname, or username, so we may respond to you personally.

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, please give us time to publish it. While we welcome your opinions, if your comment contains anything that is destructive to our goal of edification and encouragement, it will not be published.

Thank you!