Monday, October 3, 2016

Modest Monday // with Mykaela



Happy Fall, Ladies!! I am so excited to be entering a new, beautiful, splendidly gorgeous season. I love autumn for sooo many reasons, I'm not even going to start. I'm turning 20 on Tuesday, and it's the start of a "new year" for me. Adult responsibilities are no longer something able to be blissfully ignored. ;) Haha! 


Anyway, I was a rather poor fashion blogger today, but you'll have to overlook my outfit and shoe mix faux pas. I went to a wonderful ladies' retreat just for about 24 hours total, and while I brought cute outfits, I only had one pair of shoes-- my favorite Sketchers flip flops. While comfortable, they are not fall-ish, neither are they good when the weather is a lot colder than you expected. Yeah, that wasn't a good idea to not bring anything warm for my feet. ;) I did bring fluffy red and white candy striped socks, but you can't very well wear those with flip flops?!!! Ah! :D

This shirt is a nice thicker texture, perfect for the transitioning weather. I looove three-quarter length sleeves during this time of year. 



The skirt is just a plain knit midi skirt with quite a bit of material (I don't think it's a full circle, but close), which adds a little bit of "flounciness" to it. I'm a fan. ;) 






Since the morning was quite brisk, I paired the outfit with this mustard yellow chunky scarf. I love scarves and the way they can add such a touch of charm and a pop of color to an otherwise rather drab outfit. The combination of textures and colors in this outfit (I especially like the navy and yellow mix), makes it an interesting and fun outfit that was comfy and worked for the activities I was doing. 





I have not bought a pair of cute boots recently, so I really don't own any. I am planning on getting some as soon as I can find a good price. Anyway, I would normally pair this outfit with a cute pair of gray boots with leg warmers, or possibly just flats if it was for a Wednesday night church meeting or something. 


Outfit breakdow
n:
Shirt: Thrift Store during a by-the-pound sale--about 60 cents
Skirt: Thrift Store, $3
Flip flops: Online, $20 (Normally would never spend this much, but these are UH-MAYZING. I have worn them for 9 hour shifts at work, which is pretty much standing/walking all day, and not had sore feet hardly at all. So great.)
Scarf: Walmart, $3 during end of season clearance last year

This retreat center was almost like I imagine the Garden of Eden to be. It was so...indescribably beautiful. I had such a wonderful time with the ladies from my home church, as always! We played this one cute game that had to do with your personal fashion sense and what you were currently wearing. It was so fun to see how each lady was so different in what she likes wearing, and yet they can all be totally modest as well! It took me a while to find my style personally, but now that I have it, I am noticing and appreciating more and more how different we can be within the realm of modest fashion. It's amazing! :) 

What's your favorite go-to style?? Have a lovely week! 


13 comments:

  1. Loved it, Mykaela!! Lovely as always. :) And oh my goodness, you're so right about the flip flops. I have a similar Nike pair that I took to Burma--they're DA BEST. Happy birthday tomorrow!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!! I can't believe I'm turning 20. ;)

      Delete
    2. All us old people over here.... Guess we need to start thinking about our retirements. ;)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, exactly... One foot in the grave, the other on banana peels. :'D

      Delete
  2. I really like this outfit, Mykaela! The scarf definitely makes it :-) You can't wear thick scarves like that here because it never gets cold enough! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing!! But I'm hoping for a snowy winter this year.

      Delete
    2. Haha! It certainly does here!!! I saw -11 several days in a row last year... You go outside and your nose will stick shut because it's frozen. :'D Haha!! (not kidding, but it is kind of funny)

      Delete
  3. Mykaela, That out fit is lovely. I particularly like the color of that scarf.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! I actually took a special trip to Walmart during spring sale last year just for that scarf because I liked the color so much. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Marilyn! I actually took a special trip to Walmart during spring sale last year just for that scarf because I liked the color so much. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the navy and mustard combination! It is so fall-ish. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for turning 20! Congratulations and cake to you! (or pie, or cupcakes, or chocolate, or whatever you love :))
    Have you looked at ThredUp for boots? (their prices are usually pretty reasonable) I especially love these right now --> https://www.thredup.com/product/women-audrey-brooke-brown-boots/18680861
    I love fall! It's my favorite season, I think. ;) I love the scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! All of the above sound awesome. ;) I have shopped ThredUp before, but not for boots! I'll have to check that out; thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, as we would really love to hear from you!! We will try to answer any questions you have; please identify yourself with some kind of name, nickname, or username, so we may respond to you personally.

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, please give us time to publish it. While we welcome your opinions, if your comment contains anything that is destructive to our goal of edification and encouragement, it will not be published.

Thank you!