Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What I'm Wearing Wednesday // with Janan

Hello beautiful friends!


Ahhh! It’s Thanksgiving week! The weather finally turned cold! I’m going to Disney World on Friday!!!

Care to take a guess about which one I’m most excited about...?

Anyways. Here is one of the outfits that I’ll be wearing in Florida this week. ;)




I like to tell myself that Disney made this sweater with me in mind. I mean, it’s my favorite color and my favorite mouse—obviously perfect, right?! I don’t know about you, but I’m always on the lookout for clothing in my favorite color, which is anywhere between emerald and pine green.


A little story: When I saw this in Magic Kingdom last year, I instantly loved it. I actually didn’t buy it, though, because I wasn’t ready to spend that much on a sweater. After coming home, I realized that I’d made a mistake and I scoured the internet for it. Of course, it wasn’t to be found because it was only available in the parks, but one day I had a thought that maybe I could call customer service at Disney and see if I could buy it over the phone. I could, I did, and here it is! ;)

The knit is pretty thin for a sweater, so when the temperature drops in the evening I like to layer up with a scarf and jacket.  



The long sleeves and slightly loose fit of the sweater pair well with my flared skirt, and tall boots give the outfit a more structured look. These proportions work great on their own, but I really love this ensemble with a scarf and moto jacket layered over my sweater. Moto jackets are usually very structured pieces, so they give class to an otherwise loose and casual (but definitely cute) outfit.

I highly recommend moto jackets. They can be layered with pretty much any style and instantly give your outfit a level-up.











What I’m wearing:

Emerald Mickey sweater: Walt Disney World ($45)

Black flared skirt: Made by yours truly ($10 in materials)

Black & White Mickey scarf: Walt Disney World ($18), here

Grey moto jacket: Old Navy ($34), similar here

Cognac boots: Sam Edelman ($200), similar here

Triangle earrings: Old Navy ($4), similar here



Thanks for reading, dears! I’m off to spend a week and a half in Florida. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 


(P.S. This isn't a new series. This is a Modest Monday post that was procrastinated and ultimately just not able to be published on Monday. And we had to keep the alliteration thing. Because, you know, it's our style.)

4 comments:

  1. I love the entire wardrobe in this post. Hope you had a nice thanksgiving. Enjoy your trip to Disney World. I look forward to hearing all about it and with some photos,too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it, Marilyn! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving; I hope you did, too!

      Delete
  2. I really like this green color, but I actually don't have anything in this color! And I also love moto jackets, especially this one, but I don't have one of those either lol! I hope you have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! The trip was so much fun! Haha, you'll have to keep an eye out on the sale racks! ;) This shade of green IS hard to find, isn't it??

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, as we would really love to hear from you!! We will try to answer any questions you have; please identify yourself with some kind of name, nickname, or username, so we may respond to you personally.

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, please give us time to publish it. While we welcome your opinions, if your comment contains anything that is destructive to our goal of edification and encouragement, it will not be published.

Thank you!