Monday, January 16, 2017

New Year's Eve Outfit // Mykaela

Hello, all you lovely ladies! (And gentlemen, if you happen to be one! ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I had a very eventful one, a little crazy, but still great. :) We had a New Year's party at my church this year, which was super fun. We decided that instead of staying up late on the 31st (Saturday) playing games and fellowshipping, then going to church all tired in the morning, we'd have it on the 30th instead. That turned out really well, since I was away visiting friends on New Year's Eve. 

This outfit that I wore to the party was one I had a lot of fun putting together.




I love contrasting styles... nothing too crazy, but it's fun to try to think of unique clothing ensembles. The red plaid sweater is cozy, but not very heavy, which makes it okay for wearing in a warm building. The straight black skirt has a band of lace at the bottom, which I love. The pearls just added an extra little contrast to the shirt. 



I kept my shoes simple, just some plain gray flats. All in all, I think the simplicity of the lace and pearls against the plaid really helped to make the outfit come together. For my hairstyle, I took inspiration from a YouTube tutorial. I parted it almost directly down the middle, and twisted each section back, all the way down, twisting it into a bun at the end and pinning in place. I like how it turned out with a 50's type vibe.



Outfit breakdown:
Pearls: Borrowed from my mom. ;) Price--??
Tank: (under sweater for length) Walmart, $3
Sweater: Crazy good coupon from JCP...came out to about 75 cents total! (Originially $15)
Skirt: Gifted
Shoes: Ardene, $5

I just recently acquired an all lace black skirt, about this same length, so I will probably pair that with this sweater as well. (The more lace, the better, right?? ;P) I also like to wear it and other plaid shirts with a tulle skirt. :) So many options! I think it's so fun how everyone has different senses of style. Some things that friends of mine wear, I KNOW I could never pull off, but it looks awesome on them! And some things that I wear, they say they could (or would!) never wear. ;) So funny.

What interesting combinations do you like to wear? How would you describe your fashion style? Let us know in the comments!!



5 comments:

  1. Aww,it's so cute! Mykaela, when you told me about that outfit,it sounded awful! But it looks really,really pretty! I'm very much impressed! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well thank you for the vote of confidence, Jenny! ;P But I'm glad it exceeded your expectations. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that sweater. It is so pretty. Your hair is very becoming that way.Glad you had a nice New Years Eve. Wishing you and yours a blessed,healthy and happy 2017.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marilyn! I hope you have a wonderful new year as well!! I love the "Fresh start" that a new year seems to bring. :) God is good!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to read your wonderful article. Im looking forward to read more of
    your works and posts. You did a good job! Try to visit my site too and enjoy.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, as we would really love to hear from you!! We will try to answer any questions you have; please identify yourself with some kind of name, nickname, or username, so we may respond to you personally.

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, please give us time to publish it. While we welcome your opinions, if your comment contains anything that is destructive to our goal of edification and encouragement, it will not be published.

Thank you!