Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Goodbye January, Hello February // by Janan


Hello lovelies!

Colder weather still makes an appearance around central Texas every once in a while, so I like to take full advantage of the lower temps every chance I get. ;)

This outfit is a little dressy, but you could definitely swap out the suit skirt and heels for a knit skirt and boots to make it casual if that’s what floats your boat. Either way, the combination would work really well.




See this scarf? I love it so much; it's my FAVORITE.



Seriously, though. It’s so soft and warm and the colors are just so perfect. I’ve gotten so much use out of it this winter.

When I’m not wearing a lighter jacket, a longer black wool coat is my go-to. It works with pretty much any style and gives a winter outfit just the right amount of structure. And while we’re on the subject of black- I wear it so much during the colder months! I love mixing neutral shades with black to get a stylish, but subdued look. It’s the perfect backdrop to add a pop of color to with accessories!



Am I the only one who wants to wear my hair down in the winter, but then it gets super annoying because of all the layers around my neck..? I know some of you get me… I hope.


Anyways, I discovered that a side Dutch braid works so well with scarves! You’re welcome. 😜





What I’m wearing:

Wool coat: Worthington ($100), similar here

Plaid scarf: J. Crew Factory ($20), similar here {hurry, it’s on SALE!}

Houndstooth gloves: Cracker Barrell ($9), similar here

Black sweater: Kohl’s ($11), similar here

Grey skirt: Made by Mom ($15 in materials)

Black wedges: JCPenney ($24), similar here

Earrings: Gift


I hope you're all having a wonderful 2017 so far!! I'd love to hear what your favorite winter outfits are! Styles? Colors? Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. What a nice outfit. Lovely and elegant.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE wearing my hair down, but it definitely gets aggravating when you're wearing a scarf! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Goodbye April Welcome May

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, as we would really love to hear from you!! We will try to answer any questions you have; please identify yourself with some kind of name, nickname, or username, so we may respond to you personally.

All comments are moderated, so if you don't see your comment right away, please give us time to publish it. While we welcome your opinions, if your comment contains anything that is destructive to our goal of edification and encouragement, it will not be published.

Thank you!